MUMBAI – High interest rates, rising material and fuel costs and tighter liquidity are denting light-vehicle sales in India. Auto makers are trying to shake up the dormant market with new launches. Six models were introduced in August and another set of new passenger cars awaits consumers in September. August car sales tumbled 10.1% to 144,516 units, compared with year-ago, according to WardsAuto data. The decline was less than July’s 15.8% drop in deliveries, but it belied auto ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.