Ward’s is forecasting U.S. light-vehicle sales in August at 1.18 million units over 27 selling days for a daily sales rate of 43,889 units, down 19.5% from year-ago’s 54,491 (27 sales days). However, this month’s forecast sees a slight rise from July, which statistically runs against the historical trend that sees August sales finish lower than July. General Motors Corp., for the second time this summer, will be testing the efficiency of large incentive programs to push sales in a down ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.