North American manufacturers are headed for a production shortfall in August, largely due to last minute cutbacks by Ford Motor Co. to increase the number of tires available for replacements on some of its light trucks (see story p.5). But other manufacturers, especially DaimlerChrysler Corp. and Volkswagen de Mexico SA, also will post figures below what was planned at the beginning of August. Conversely, General Motors Corp., which came into the month with a surplus of inventory, is on ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.