North American production for August and September will be close to last year’s pace with only slight shortfalls, Ward’s forecast. September builds will be less than August due to fewer production days, 23 in August and only 19 in September. August is expected to see a total output of 1,461,170 units, just 0.2% behind last year’s 1,464,517. But September will trail slightly more with a 1.7% shortage over year-ago, for an estimated final output of 1,262,282 vehicles compared with ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.