August U.S. vehicle sales should improve on July’s results on a seasonally adjusted basis. But how well the industry performs during the month ultimately will depend largely on how successful General Motors Corp. is at moving some of its excess inventory – which will hinge on whether incentives still can provide enough muscle to pull consumers back into the market.(See related data: Ward's Forecast- August U.S. Light Vehicle Sales) Ward’s is forecasting a 17.4 million seasonally ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.