The Australian government will contribute A$1,000 ($761) toward the purchase cost of new factory-fitted liquid petroleum gas powered vehicles, and A$2,000 ($1,522) towards the cost of retro-fitting vehicles in a A$1.576-billion ($1.2 billion), 8-year package aimed at boosting use of home-grown alternative fuels. The subsidies are available immediately, will run for eight years and are said to provide a payback to consumers in fuel savings within four months of purchase. Converting cars ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.