SYDNEY – Mercedes-Benz will introduce its popular 2-seat Smart car in Australia in the second quarter of next year. Two models, a city coupe and cabrio, will be offered. The coupe will sell for below A$25,000 ($13,547) and the cabrio for below A$30,000 ($16,260). The auto maker also plans to produce a roadster model and a 4-seat version with alliance partner Mitsubishi Motors Corp. in 2004 (see related story: Mitsubishi Revamps European Products, Operations). Mercedes-Benz ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.