Toyota Motor Corp. Australia Ltd. is feeling increasing pressure from local politicians to build a hybrid-electric vehicle in Australia, alongside the Camry and Aurion produced in Melbourne. New Federal Industry Minister Kim Carr and Victoria State Premier John Brumby recently traveled to Japan to meet with Toyota Motor Corp.’s senior management on the issue. At the same time, the new federal Labor Party government in Canberra is offering A$500 million ($458 million) towards a proposed ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.