CANBERRA – Australia’s new-vehicles sales for June hit a monthly record of 92,058 units, as end-of-fiscal-year sales and low-interest rates sent buyers rushing to showrooms. Industry statistician VFACTS says June marks the first time more than 90,000 vehicles have been delivered in a single month here, leaving first-half sales at a record 443,203 units and prompting the Federal Chamber of Automotive Industries to raise its overall sales forecast for 2003 to 875,000. Peter Sturrock, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.