CANBERRA – The Australian auto industry is predicting a record year after July sales rise 14% over year-ago to 79,521 vehicles, a record for the month. The Federal Chamber of Automotive Industries says July results boosted year-to-date sales to 522,724 units, up 9.6% from 476,748 in like-2002. The chamber now is forecasting calendar-year sales of 875,000 vehicles, well ahead of year-ago’s record 824,309. Australia’s Holden Commodore top-selling car for 71st straight month. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.