Australia’s new-vehicle sales rose 5.3% from like-2010 to 85,196 units in October, putting the industry firmly on course to top 1 million deliveries for the year, Federal Chamber of Automotive Industries CEO Ian Chalmers says auto makers are reporting a steady increase in demand. “So far this year, 837,324 new vehicles have been sold,” Chalmers says in a statement. “While this is 2.8% fewer than for the same period in 2010, last month’s figures are the best October sales result since ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.