ADELAIDE, Australia -- Mitsubishi Motors Corp. plans to build a family sedan in Australia in 2005. Tom Phillips, Mitsubishi chief here, says in published reports that the new car -- to be built alongside the new ’05 Magna -- will be sold in Australia and exported to the U.S. and Middle East markets. Phillips says Mitsubishi in Japan decided last month that the Australian subsidiary would continue as a manufacturer. But it still has to raise the A$900 million ($463 million) needed for the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.