An interest-rate rise fails to dent the record run of new-vehicle sales in Australia as the August result jumps 8% to 88,206 units, from prior-year’s 81,661. Deliveries beat the previous monthly record set in 2005 by 2,029 units and also were ahead of the 86,291 units sold in July. The Federal Chamber of Automotive Industries says August sales pushed the year-to-date total up 8.8% to 698,873 vehicles, leaving the industry firmly convinced it will break the 1 million-unit mark in a ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.