A strike at Australian exhaust system supplier, Walker Australia, a division of Tenneco Automotive Inc., causes Toyota Motor Corp. to shut down its Australian auto plant April 29 after running out of exhaust systems. Some 450 workers at Walker voted that same day to continue the illegal 10-day-old strike for two more days, which is in defiance of an industrial relations commission order to return to work. Workers are arguing over a trust fund to protect worker entitlements. So far the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.