BEIJING — China's automotive industry is posting a 10.1% gain in production value for the first quarter, says Zhou Jianping, an official with the State Bureau for Machine-Building Industry. Industry sales reached RMB42.62 billion (US$5.14 billion) in the January-March period, a RMB5.1 billion (US$616 million) increase over the same period of the previous year. Profitability rose 1.9% in the period. Zhou attributes the growth to the country's 13 top automotive enterprises, which last year ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.