DETROIT – General Motors Corp. is in discussions with an undisclosed auto maker about joining its driver distraction study launched April 23 with the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign’s (UIUC) Beckman Institute. "We are working to include one other auto maker, but that’s about all I can say," Jim Rillings, manager of vehicle information technologies-GM Research and Development and Planning, tells Ward's. Ford Motor Co. dedicated a $10 million laboratory in Dearborn, MI, last ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.