The New Zealand auto industry is attacking the country’s Land Transport Safety Authority over comments about airbags and vehicle safety. The Motor Industry Assn. says the LTSA has failed to disclose all the facts in its enthusiasm for trumpeting the obvious – that side curtain airbags are lifesavers when fitted to 4-wheel-drive vehicles involved in side impacts with poles or trees. Hyundai says all its cars are equipped with airbags. The association says the LTSA is sending out a ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.