Despite recent signs that hefty buyer incentives may be losing their drawing power, North American auto makers have set their sights on a fourth-quarter production plan that would bring output for the year to just over 16.1 million cars and trucks. North America Yearly Output Rankings Year Total Units Big 3 % 2000 17,658,240 74.5 1999 17,615,754 76.1 2002 16,713,689 73.6 2003 16,129,300 71.4 1997 16,055,542 78.2 1998 16,032,875 76.3 2001 15,814,166 73.4 1994 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.