TOKYO – Despite reports that fuel economy falls significantly short of advertised levels, it is full speed ahead for hybrid-electric vehicle makers, which are seeing continued sales growth and planning to expand production capacity. At present, more than 10 auto plants worldwide make HEVs, turning out more than 300,000 units per year. Given the flexible nature of these facilities (HEVs are produced on mixed lines with standard models), that number could go significantly higher. Hybrid ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.