Auto makers are gearing up for a robust start to the '08 model year with North American output slated for an 8.2% gain over year-ago in the third quarter. Although Ford Motor Co. still is crunching numbers, it is expected to finalize its initial third-quarter program at least 3.5% higher than the 595,100 units built in like-2006. Including a Ward's forecast of 615,700 units for Ford, the industry is geared to build 3,850,100 vehicles in the July-September period, compared with ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.