RAYONG province, Thailand — General Motors Corp. sets the wheels in motion to put its popular Qilin concept car on the road. GM Asia/Pacific President Rudolph A. Schlais, on hand last month for the opening of GM's new Thailand manufacturing facility, says the automaker is trying to find a way to build the flexible, 5-seat multi-purpose vehicle. “We're trying to put the business case together,” Schlais says. “We understand the technology now.” He says Chinese consumers are looking for a ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.