MOSCOW — Western carmakers planning to invest in Russia used last month's Moscow motor show to underline their long-term commitment to the country. But in the short term, they say they have to modify their plans, postpone some steps and reduce some volumes. Fiat SpA's original plan was to start assembly of Fiat cars at Nizhegorod Motors, a joint venture with OAO GAZ and the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD), in autumn 1998. But Job One has been postponed several ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.