If there is an impending slowdown in North American vehicle sales it would be hard to tell from the record third-quarter production plans just laid out by the automakers (see data p. 4). Industry output plans call for 4,185,800 car and truck assemblies in July-September, 3.4% ahead of the existing record of 4,047,977 set just last year when North American output topped the 4 million mark for the first time. Although planned third-quarter output would be a record for the period, it won't ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.