Automakers already dealing with a record U.S. sales pace say they have lost some production due to logistics problems caused by a June 1 rail industry takeover. But the companies point out transportation problems have been decreasing and the situation may improve even more during the auto industry's two week summer shutdown July 5-July 16. Rivals CSX and Norfolk Southern have been preparing since their 1997 takeover of Conrail for the difficulty of incorporating Conrail's 10,700-mile ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.