In their latest round of scheduling actions, automaker production planners ratcheted up the record North American output pace for April-June, already slated to be the industry's second-best quarter in history (see p.4). Currently “booked” for completion in the second quarter are 4,790,200 cars and trucks, an increase of 39,100 units from the 4,751,100 vehicle assemblies planned for the period a month ago. That equals an average of 78,528 units on each of 61 regular work days in the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.