New- and used-car retailer AutoNation Inc. signs an agreement to purchase Claridge BMW in Fremont, CA. No terms of the all-cash purchase were disclosed. The store had 2001 revenue of $63 million. Owner Tom Claridge will not stay on at the dealership after the deal is closed. This will be AutoNation’s second BMW franchise and its 20th new vehicle franchise in the San Francisco Bay area.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.