A trial of automated-vehicle technology is under way in Australia aiming to develop technology for the automated operation of large Hot Metal Carriers (HMC). Results are said to be applicable for adoption of autonomous-vehicle control for the automotive sector. A Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organization (CSIRO) team has been running a trial on a manned operational HMC at Rio Tinto Aluminium Ltd.’s smelter at Bell Bay, Tasmania, since June, with key components being ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.