CHICAGO – Avanti Motor Corp. agrees to a permanent injunction barring it from producing an SUV similar in looks to General Motor Corp.'s highly recognizable Hummer H2. Avanti won’t copy H2 design for Studebaker XUV. GM filed a federal trademark infringement lawsuit against Georgia-based independent auto maker Avanti in February 2002, alleging that the Studebaker XUV, which debuted at the Chicago Auto Show, "knocked off and misappropriated the shape of the Hummer H2." As part of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.