Avanti Motor Corp., the independent auto maker with historical ties to the former Studebaker Corp. of South Bend, IN, plans to introduce three new Avanti specialty cars for ’06 based on Ford Motor Co.’s latest Mustang architecture. The original Studebaker Avanti was designed in 1963 to boost sales for the then foundering auto maker. The car was unable to salvage the business, yet has survived for more than 40 years as an independent marque produced by various entrepreneurs and companies. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.