General Motors Corp. is rescinding the order it distributed to Chevrolet dealers Feb. 13 to stop selling the Aveo subcompact car, which went on sale in November. Aveo sales began three months ago. GM issued the “stop delivery” notice to investigate five recent accidents involving Aveos in the U.S., including four in the Southeast and one in the Southwest, a GM spokesman tells Ward’s. “The concern was triggered by field data regarding several crashes involving Aveos,” the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.