VIENNA – Russian engine-maker OAO Zavolzhsky Motorny Zavod is teaming up with Austrian engineering firm AVL List GmbH to improve its family of 4-cyl. engines. The aim is to modernize the ZMZ engines to meet Euro III emissions standards. ZMZ expects to build the first prototypes by late 2003. Serial production is expected to begin in 2005. The 406-engine family consists of the 2.3L 145-hp ZMZ 406, 2.5L 152-hp ZMZ 405 and 2.7L 143-hp ZMZ 409. The two smaller engines mainly are ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.