Lada 2110 M Russia’s OAO AvtoVAZ, Eastern Europe’s largest auto maker, is cutting production as a result of lower demand for its cars. Russian media reports say assembly lines likely will be halted from Oct. 28 to Nov. 10 and that workers will receive two-thirds of their normal pay for the period. There is no official confirmation of the plan. However an Oct. 11 AvtoVAZ press release says, due to the high number of Lada cars in stock, "AvtoVAZ is preparing a decision on a ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.