VIENNA — Lada-maker AO AvtoVAZ plans to move upmarket with a car larger than any in its range. Alexey Nikolayev, AvtoVAZ's president and general director, says the “big Lada” will be positioned in the D-segment — a new market for AvtoVAZ — and will be powered by 2.0L and 2.5L engines. The vehicle will compete with OAO GAZ's Volga cars and AO Moskvich cars. While the timing remains unclear, Nikoalyev spoke about a production start in 2015. Other sources mention an earlier start of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.