VIENNA – Russia’s largest car maker, OAO AvtoVAZ, will take over the bankrupt OAO IzhAvto car plant based in Izhevsk, the capital of the Russian Republic of Udmurtia. AvtoVAZ, its state-owned shareholder GK Rostekhnologii and OAO Sberbank Rossii, IzhAvto’s largest creditor, sign a memorandum of understanding regarding the deal in a meeting attended by Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin. IzhAvto suspended production as a result of bankruptcy in spring 2009. It restarted output of the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.