VIENNA – Russian auto maker OAO AvtoVAZ signs an agreement to buy a 25% share of the Kazakh assembler AO Asia Avto. Based in Ustj-Kamenogorsk, Asia Avto assembles AvtoVAZ, GM Daewoo Auto & Technology Co. and Skoda Auto a.s. vehicles from semi-knocked-down kits sourced from Russia, Czech Republic and South Korea. Asia Avto’s portfolio includes the Chevorlet Lacetti, Epica and Captiva; Lada 4x4 and Samara 21099; and Skoda Octavia Tour. Asia Avto’s annual capacity is 45,000 units. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.