VIENNA — After a disastrous 1997 and 1998, 1999 was yet another year with limited production from the Ukrainian car company, ZAO AvtoZAZ-Daewoo. But the automaker still hopes to increase output for 2000. Some 24,042 cars were assembled in 1998. The number includes production of the Tavria family of cars in Zaporozhye, as well as assembly of Daewoo cars in Ilyichevsk. But AvtoZAZ-Daewoo sold only 11,021 units for the year. The company reports 1999 production of 6,008 Tavria-based cars. Of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.