The installation rate for all-wheel drive in the U.S. and Europe is less than half of its potential, claims Magna Steyr AG & Co. KG, a leading supplier of the technology. "On the one hand, an average of 38% of drivers want an AWD vehicle," says a study conducted for Austria-based Magna Steyr, "but on the other, the actual AWD share of the market is around 17%." The study - made public this month at a conference in Graz, Austria - also reveals distinct differences between the European ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.