TOKYO – Sales of 4- and all-wheel-drive cars and trucks in Japan fell again last year ,as overall new-vehicle demand continued a 5-year slide. Sales dropped 20%, twice the pace of the total market, to 795,991 units, as both standard and 0.66L minis suffered declines. As a result, the market share for 4WD/AWD models fell to 17%, from 20% in 2005. In the standard segment, 4WD demand plunged 23% to 398,828 units, accounting for 14% of new-vehicle sales in calendar 2009. Minis slipped 16% to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.