DEARBORN – Better, not bigger, is the latest mantra at Ford Motor Credit Co., which has abandoned plans to become a global financing superpower in favor of playing a lower key – but more profitable – role in helping parent Ford Motor Co. sell cars. The back-to-basics retooling of Ford Credit is part of the auto maker’s overall overhaul under new CEO Bill Ford Jr. and looks to reverse some of the riskier ventures and practices – such as growing its subprime loan business and increasing ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.