A bad batch of transmission fluid could end up costing Ford Motor Co. a lot of money and more unwanted negative publicity concerning vehicle quality. The auto maker will notify some 740,000 Ford Explorer SUV, Ranger pickup, Mercury Mountaineer SUV and Lincoln LS sedan owners there is a potential problem with the vehicle’s 5-speed 5R55 or 5R44 automatic transmission. Explorer headlines Ford’s latest recall. Ford is terming the recall a “customer service program,” a spokeswoman says, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.