A $350 million deal that expands Ballard Power Systems’ reach and strengthens ties with DaimlerChrysler AG and Ford Motor Co., comes as the international community clamors for fuel cell technology. The deal, which will be put to a vote next month by Ballard shareholders, sees the fuel cell manufacturer swallow fuel cell engine maker XCELLSIS and electric drive train manufacturer Ecostar by acquiring shares held in each by DC and Ford. In addition, DC and Ford increase their stakes in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.