General Motors Corp. and Ford Motor Co. are going head to head in a beleaguered battle for the midsize sport/utility vehicle (SUV) segment. At stake are high volumes of important all-new '02 vehicles for the world's two largest carmakers. The simultaneous launch of Ford Explorer and Chevy TrailBlazer is unique in an industry that strategically staggers important launches. But it also is shaping up to be a battle of the beleaguered: with Explorer trying to distance itself from the Firestone ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.