FRANKFURT – While some auto makers are wed to aircraft-like interiors with a switch or button for every control, there is a growing trend for automotive cockpits dominated by a display screen of menus for such functions as navigation, telephone and infotainment. Although BMW AG was widely criticized for its iDrive system, introduced in the 7-Series two years ago, the concept cars shown here recently at the Frankfurt auto show amounted to industrial justification of the risk BMW took. The ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.