Beijing Hyundai Motor Co. Ltd. slashes sticker prices on all Sonata and Elantra cars sold in China by 10% to combat dwindling sales. “From January through April, our sales were off significantly,” a company spokesman tells Ward’s. “We slipped from a No.5 position to No.7 in terms of market share.” The move to cut prices was a tough decision but a necessary one to halt the sales decline, he says. Other measures also may be taken, but currently BHMC has no plans to reduce production, he ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.