BEIJING — Beijing Jeep Corp. Ltd. reveals plans to build an economy-model Jeep Cherokee. The new model, set to debut in August, will carry a price tag of about RMB100,000 (US$12,270), which the Chinese market should find attractive, says Zhu Yunde, BJC general manager. The automaker says the new Cherokee will contain a higher percentage of locally made parts and components, but Beijing Jeep did not divulge other details about the new model. Industry observers, however, believe the new ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.