BRUSSELS – Workers idled following the loss of some production at Volkswagen AG’s “Forest” manufacturing plant here may be the first to benefit from a new €500 million ($666 million) fund created to help European Union companies affected by globalization. A meeting of the European Commission, the EU Council of Ministers (representing member states) and the European Parliament agreed the Forest case could be covered by the fund, which is to be launched Jan. 1. The outlays would cover ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.