Rolls-Royce and Bentley Motor Cars Ltd. is no more. The Britain-based luxury car builder, now a subsidiary of Volkswagen AG, has dropped Rolls from its name and now officially is known as Bentley Motors Ltd. The move comes a couple weeks after the auto maker builds its final Rolls-badge car at its Crewe, U.K., operations. The last Rolls, a 2-door silver Corniche convertible, rolled off the line Aug. 30. Over the last 12 months, the auto maker built 45 Rolls-Royce Corniche and 170 Silver ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.