Better Place (Australia) Pty. Ltd. predicts up to 20% of Australian vehicles could be emissions-free by 2020. CEO Evan Thornley says the change will be brought about by motorists who live in outer suburbs and drive larger cars with annual fuel bills of up to A$6,000 ($5,503). He tells the Australian Broadcasting Corp.’s “Inside Business” program that with 51 new plug-in models planned to be in the world market by 2012, there will a tipping point in the industry in the next few years. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.