Improvements in vehicle safety have resulted in a 56% decline in car-occupant deaths in the U.K. in the last 20 years. RoadSafe, a partnership of the U.K. government, leading companies in the motor and transport industries and road-safety professionals, says the latest figures are a testament to innovation in the automotive industry. In the last two decades, car-occupant deaths fell from 2,426 to 1,059 annually, according to the U.K.’s Department for Transport. Between 1989 and 1999, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.