BFGoodrich introduces its patented SmartBelt system, which works in conjunction with existing vehicle air bags. During a significant crash, the system rapidly inflates a bladder that runs the length of the belt within the first 10 milliseconds, a brief moment before the 25-20 millisecond air bag deployment. The net affect of this is to secure a passenger into the optimal “pre-position” to safely accept the force of the primary airbag deployment. This is particularly beneficial for children, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.